Warning : Upgrading firmware is a make or break situation. The authors are not liable for any damage it may cause on your phone.
FYI : the method below is still 100% ... so far.
Q. How to update a Polycom ip phone Firmware via FTP server?
- filezilla ftp server
- latest firmware and boot rom.
- windows computer connected to the local network
Computer's FTP setup
A.FTP server setup
- Download the latest firmware and boot rom update at the polycom's main site.
- open Computer then go to the local drive( C:\ ).
- Create a new folder and name it polycom
- Extract the downloaded boot rom and firmware to the polycom folder ( C:\polycom)
- DISABLE all the computers FIREWALL.
- Download and Install the
filezilla ftp server.
- Stay with the default value:
- After the installation:
- click on the icon users
add a user account and name it polycom under the general menu
- click on the shared folders menu and add the path of the folder where the downloaded firmware and bootrom are located.
Check all the files and the directories options. FTP server setup for upgrading the firmware is now complete.
Polycom Ip phone Device Setup
- Reboot the phone then hit setup. default password is 456.
- Scroll Down to Server Menu then select it.
- edit the server type to FTP.
- edit the server address to the computer's IP address. (ex. 192.168.1.101)
- edit the server user to polycom.
- edit the server password and leave it blank.
- save and reboot
- status of the FTP server now should be :
- Once your ipphone stops rebooting and downloading files, the upgrade is complete.
- Proceed on manual provisioning of the device.